Certified Telecoms Installer Level 3
The certified telecommunications installer course provides delegates with the installation, testing and maintenance of telecommunications network infrastructure.
This two week course provides individuals with the knowledge and expertise to install, test and maintain a telecommunications network infrastructure and enables them to complete fibre optic, and copper line installation and testing to industry standards.
This course holds industry accreditation and forms part of the QCF framework. Delegates may have already completed part of a diploma in the forces in IT, Telecommunications, or even Bowman this can be transferred and upgraded to a level 3 professional diploma, by using accredited prior learning.
This course is ideal for anyone leaving the HM Forces wanting a career in telecommunications, this qualification is recognised by BT and Virgin Media and many others.
The certified telecoms installer is the starting point for any service leaver who may want to work for BT or Virgin Media as a technician.
- Qualification: BTEC Level 3 Modules Telecommunications, City & Guilds 3667 & Emtelle Blown Fibre
- Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC, City & Guilds & Emtelle
- CSCS: Yes
- Prerequisites: None
- Instructor ratio: 8:1
- Who is it taught by: Qualified CFOS/I and City and Guilds Instructors
- Course duration: 2 Weeks
- Cost: £1750.00 including VAT
- ELCAS Funded: Yes
- Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
About the Certified Telecoms installer
This two week course provides you with the skills and expertise to install and maintain telecommunications networks, including fibre optics installation and testing, customer premises equipment, network cabling and Emtelle FibreFlow Blown Fibre Course the course is broken down as follows:
- Fibre Optic Installation, Splicing & Testing
- Copper Cabling Customer Line Installation
- Emtelle FibreFlow Blown Fibre Training
- C&G 3667-02 Communications Cabling
This course is taught by industry approved instructors this BTEC course is written for BT and Virgin Media and forms part of the QCF framework and students can use accredited prior learning from previous courses they may have completed in the HM Forces. You will be joining a highly skilled industry where you will continue to learn and progress your career.
We have 100% closed book exam pass rate, our training centre has been designed and modified to ensure it matches real life scenarios, for you to learn on.
We make the training fun and enjoyable so you learn in a friendly environment. Extra tuition is always available if required.
- Who is it for?
- What you will learn?
- What jobs can I do?
- Qualifications Awarded
- ELCAS Information
Who is it for?
The certified telecoms installer is the starting point for any service leaver who may want to work for BT, Virgin Media or any other service provider as a technician.
This two week intense course covers many subjects around the telecommunications engineers role within the field, additional modules can be added to this courses which forms part of BT modules ideal for those wanting or needed to get on board as a contractor working for the principle contractors like Carillion Telent, Morissons or their sub-contractors.
What you will learn?
- Fibre Optics Installation
- Fibre Optic Fusion Splicing
- Fibre Optic Testing OTDR
- Blown Fibre Installation
- Copper Line installation
- Customer site installation
- Structured Cabling installation
What jobs can I do?
You have many to choose from, these include the following.
- Data Centre Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Telecoms Engineer
- Blown Fibre Engineer
- Broadband Engineer
- Fibre Engineer
- BTEC Level 3 Fibre Optics Installation, Splicing & Testing
- BTEC Level 3 Customer Line Installation
- City & Guilds 3667-02 Communications Cabling Full Award
- Emtelle FibreFlow Blown Fibre Installer
- CSCS Communications Installer addition fees apply
- The cost of the course is £1500.00 +vat
- or £1750.00 including vat
- The ELCAS Code is TNS-CTI
- Elcas course code: TNS-CTI
- Certified Telecoms Installer
- Provider ID: 3301